Wednesday, June 23, 2010

More Basic Blues

First I procrastinated posting, because sometimes my brain can't handle words when I've been feeling musical.  Last night I wrote a summary of what I'd been doing all this time, but then I managed to accidentally quit Firefox and lost the whole thing (and why wasn't blogger auto-saving?). Very annoying. I shall attempt to reconstruct, yet again, what I've been doing for the last couple of weeks... but I may break it up in to a bunch of shorter posts

So back to learning basic blues. First I worked on this:

It took a while for me to get the left hand fingering smooth, then combine it with the right hand. But once I finally got it down, I found it to be lots of fun to play, particularly along with that "boogie-woogie" rhythm in my DP.

Next I started working on this:
This had a new fingering to figure out in my left hand, and it's a little tricky to get the pair of syncopated chords in the right hand timed just right within the long space between bass notes. I'm still working on that one, but it's also quite fun to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment