Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Ugh! I feel horrid...

Ugh, I had wanted to try to post daily, but I seem to be relapsing with the flu, or having some strange post-flu complications. I remain remarkably stupid, and am having vertiginous dizzy spells along with headaches, a stiff neck and general backache, with vague nausea as a cherry on top. The voice of hypochondria diagnoses viral meningitis, but I see a real doctor in the morning.

The upshot is that I haven't been playing much piano. As I did during the flu last week, I've been doing a few pages of sight reading a day, to meet my MOYD daily practice commitment alongside my promise to myself to do some daily sight reading.

Unfortunately my sight reading books are progressing while my mental capacity seems to be regressing. If I don't get my brain back soon, I may backtrack to the beginnings of my sight reading books and start again, working more on my intervalic reading. It's not as if any of this sight reading fodder is so musically memorable that I can't recycle it, particularly seeing as my musical memory is pretty lousy to begin with.

Two different batches of sheet music I'd ordered with budget (slow media mail!) shipping finally meandered in today, and I felt to crummy to even gloat over them properly. The normally exciting new-book-smell just made my stomach lurch. Phooey! Stupid flu...

No comments:

Post a Comment